Flickr generator - Example
Go to this page on flickr.
Click on Request an API Key.
Choose APPLY FOR A NON-COMMERCIAL KEY
Give a name, some description to the API, and agree the terms.
Open your Smart Slider, go to his Settings -> Flickr generator, and copy out the Callback url.
Open up Edit auth flow for this app in a new page (the other informations will be needed soon).
Insert the Callback URL here, and SAVE CHANGES.
Go back to the page, where the key and the secret is (step 6), then copy and paste them into the Smart Slider’s Settings and click on Request token.
A popup window will appear, where you should click on OK, I’LL AUTHORIZE IT.
Now you will see your token in your Settings, so save on it.
Create a Dynamic slider.
Choose Flickr – My photostream.
Configure the slider, later this option will be in the Generator menu at the Settings. Click on generate.
- Slider name: the name of the slider
- Slider size: the size of the slider, the canvas size only matters, if you want to change your slider type to accordion
- Slides: the number of slides
- Create real slides: you will see the slides in the backend
Choose a preset and a layout, then click on Save.
If you want to change the settings, or see the advanced options, then go to the Generator -> Settings.
You will see this with your settings:
Differences from the first creating settings:
- Cache expiration: the slider will refresh the cache in every day if you leave it on 24 hours, and the new photos will appear, when this cache is refreshed
- Create slides: you will see the slides in the backend with the variables
- Static slides: if the create slides is turned on too, then it’s the same as the create real slides was, the slides will appear in the backend with the contents, not with variables
- Group result: you can get more variables if you put here a bigger number, and you can put more photos into one slide, not just 1
If you want to make your own layout, then you can go to the Generator -> Edit Layout.
Use the variables, and save on the layout. You will be able to see the first slide, that will be generated, when you insert your variable somewhere.
If you go to Edit slider, then you can add the settings you want to use in your slider, turn on some widgets, and your slider will be ready.
If you want to see your new Flickr images before the cache expires, click on Refresh cache.