Advanced android phone debugging
If you want, you can debug the android phone code of your website in your computer with Chrome, just like as you would press F12 on a computer page.
To do this you need to set up some things:
– Connect your phone to your computer with it’s USB cable.
– Go to your phone’s Settings → Developer Options → enable the USB debugging
Note: in Android 4.2 and higher versions you need to go to the Settings → About phone/About tablet → tap the Build number 7 times to see the Developer Options menuitem.
– In your computer’s Chrome go to this link: chrome://inspect
– Make sure, that the Discover USB devices is turned on, and your phone should be there with the browser windows opened in it. Click on inspect at the browser window you want to see, and you can work on your website, you will see the code of your website, and make changes, which you will see on your phone, just as on a computer website.
Possible errors, which makes this not to work:
– Phone’s driver isn’t correctly installed in the computer.
– Chrome should be updated in your computer and in your phone. (You don’t necessary need Chrome in your phone, but with it this might just work.)
– You might need Android SDK:
– Download the Android SDK
– Locate ADB.exe, found in the platform-tools folder.
– Open the file using command prompt:
– Make sure your phone is disconnected from USB
– Type the following commands:
– Reconnect your phone.